Comfortable

This last week I was in Mongolia's country side. The toilet was a hole in the floor of a small wodden shed. We did have electric lights and all, but our heater was a fire. Honestly, I'd go back in a second.

On Saturday the pastor picked us all up. After some off roading to k-pop, we were taken out past the frontiers of society to this small farm. Collecting water was a drive out to a creek and dinner was seen alive hours before it was hot-rocked smoked over an open fire.

My life is so comfortable.  A bed. A toilet. Hot showers. Ovens. After this last week I am appreciating small things I had forgotten about. Especially being able to talk to my family again. While I dont believe that family felt at all uncomfortable,  in fact they loved the simple life they live, I feel incredibly blessed to have access to clean water in a tap.

My life is so comfortable. Now I see that either I appreciate life's comfort or get caught up in it. I can remember that life isn't this easy for everyone or I can wish it was easier still. Am I here to serve the world or have the world serve me?

Comments

Popular Posts