Broken.

Warning: I'm hurting. 

Break my heart for what breaks yours.

Words I have sung countless times. Words that I dont know if I truly meant. Words that  sometimes scare me.

Recently I have started to actually pray for God to give me his heart for this world. He came through. My heart had been broken.

I was on my knees in front of her. Tears pricked my eyes. Her heart was shattered. This was anguish. This came from a heart of love for her lost son. My heart was breaking. As I prayed I realised this was having a heart for the lost. 

Mist was welling up in her eyes. As I hugged her, we both cried.  This was pain. This was anger. This was heart break. This was betrayal. As I prayed I realised this was having a heart for the broken.

Her bright face greated me with words of endearment. Worship and prayer followed. Soon she had to go. Her mum. Torn away from church out of hate for God. My heart followed her home praying for safety. As I prayed I realised this was having a heart for the persecuted.

Jesus was described once as a man of sorrows. Because he saw the pain people carry, he saw their hearts. My heart is breaking for those that hurt or are lost. Mentally.  Spiritually.  Physically.  This heart break has become me desire.  I want to see the world through God's eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts