Beautiful.

Tonight was a bit of an instragram creep session on the girls I'm living with. The results are in and tallied. Someone, hit the drum roll please.
"Drop Dead Gorgeous Babes."

Beautiful. A word we all want to get called. A word we so often seem to fall short off. I could go on a spiel about how Marylin Monroe had no thigh gap and curves to melt anyone's heart.  I could even mention how Twiggy rocked the A-cup and those stunning long thin legs. But no. I want to talk about You.

Have a look at yourself. Those lips. Those lashes.  That waist. Them legs. Its so easy to wake up in this world and listen to the whispers all around. The whispers that declare beauty is this. The whispers that convince you beauty is all that. Its so easy to focus on your blemishes.

May I set a challenge? 

Stop for a second.  Actually stop. Dont compare yourself. Listen closely, my dear.

You are a masterpiece.

Regardless if you believe in God or not, you can't deny you have been created.  Someone has shaped your nose and give you those eyes. You are a work of art. You are uniquely crafted to be you. No two pieces of art are ever the same. Sure, some may be exalted throughout history as an epitome of beauty. Some may stay hidden away. But who cares? The fact is you are here. You are a masterpiece. 

Next time you wake up and feel slightly heavy or think "Man, call me miss thunder-thighs." Just stop. Remember. You are art. Created to be treasured and looked after.

You, my love,  are beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts