Selāh.

Selāh (Hebrew: סֶלָה‎) "stop and listen."

This word is speaking beauty to me. My time with God is a pause. Its a place where I can breathe. My time with God is where I stop and listen.

I hear his creation stirring in the morning. I hear his voice softly speaking to me. I hear everything awake around me. I just sit. I just listen.

My God time has become to mean my break time. Its like a phone call to my best friend. If I'm stressed, he listens. If I'm happy, he listens. But most of all, I can quiet and still myself before him.  That's when I listen.

God isn't just some dude in the sky. He is the comfort I seek and the hope I trust. My "religion" to some people is a relationship to me.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, 
And in his word I put my hope. 
Psalm 130:5

Selāh

Comments

Popular Posts