Easter.

So I meant to post a story I wrote on good friday. That didnt happen. Why? These are my journal entries from Easter. Welcome into my world here in Mongolia.

Good Friday.
So I have woken with welts covering about 3/4 of my body. I hate allergies sometimes. But what makes it worse? Hollies mum has passed away. We found out this morning. She fell down a few days ago and they thought she was fine but seems not. So Hols, Kat, Jules and Danny have left us for UB. Its so quiet here. And Im actually really struggling to be positive today. I mean, today is meant to be good right? But now everyone is solum and I am homesick. 72 days until I home. Nothing else happened today. We're all to in shock. Anyway. Lord of the Rings time.

Easter Saturday.
Apparently the mums here dont like strange white people saying hi to their kids on the playground. Interesting experience doesnt explain being yelled at in Mongolian by a tipsy protective mother. Baaska was here, which was no small miracle. And I think things got smoothed over enough. She also gave us a small lesson in Mongolia. Bi yardah chenna. I am tired.
But anyway. Today has been busy and pretty fun if I am honest. Even though I am both physically and emotionally drained because of yesterday... I have to say I did enjoy today. We were at the youth from about 12:30 (I think). I helped cook lunch, which meant basically cutting up everything. The potatoes may have been re cut and re-cut again before they were acceptable, opps. It seems being in the kitchen is just a universal language though. I enjoyed the chatter happening, even though I understood maybe 4 or 5 words. We also had to organise some games on the spot. Paper hockey pulls through every time! I love seeing the youth laughing so much.
Side note: Now in Kat's drama so I gotta learn that tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

Resurrection Sunday.
Today I learnt Katrina snorts. Its the cutest thing and man, we just cant stop giggling! Kat, Jordan and
I are now roommates. We're having all the fun! I cant tell you why but everyone is just laughing a lot today. I think we all just needed some comic relief.
I started today off with going back to the Russian Church. The skit I learnt that morning surprisingly went really well. I was broken hearted. But Dylan, as Jesus, healed me! Then Danny, as Satan, broke it again and convinced me it was Dylan (Jesus). So we (Kat was a cripple and Jordan was blind) may have nailed Dylan to a cross of air. But of course he was alive again and then we defeated Danny (Satan). It was Dramatic. After the service I somehow ended up with two personal hairstylist hanging of my locks. The kids here are so cute! Back to base for a quick pancake lunch, before heading up to the Youth on the Hill service. I am getting use to Worship being in Mongolian, but I do miss knowing the words. But what made the service for me had to be Anna! She is the sweetest girl. I am really gonna miss that chick. I learnt she can write English near perfectly. Probably a better speller than I am. Plus after the service Otko gave me my name cross stitched on a small book mark.
God is looking out for me. I woke feeling so drained and low but after so many small ways of feeling loved, I just feel blessed. He is risen.

Easter Monday.
I am tired and in pain. Something I ate is upsetting my stomach. I am also just very confused with life at the moment. Kinda honestly just want my mum. 69 days until I can hold her.
But anyway, today we went to the YWAM base for worship. They even had words for us in English! After the worship, the girls were sent to the kitchen while the guys were sent outside to move a house. Like for real. They lifted this thing and pushed it out the way. While us girls, made a salad and then 270  Horse meat dumplings. They got deep fried and were kinda weird but good. I can tell you I like boiled raisins much better than salty tea. After lunch two girls go baptised and the word pure came up. We shared communion and then a few of us went quickly to Eternal Springs as we were 30 mins late. No one was there so we just came back and  I have spent the rest of the day in bed. Decided I will have my phone of for the next 24 hours just to take some pressure of my back. But hey, I have God so tomorrow. Come at me bro.



And that was my weekend. Im feeling a lot better today. I actually spent 4 hours this morning just reading my bible, praying or worshiping. Its amazing how that makes me feel so much better. I mean, Im still sick but the pain from yesterday is gone and I just feel at peace. Plus God reconfirmed where I am to go after DTS. SA, I am coming home.

God bless! Sorry this is so long... Haha.
Naomi Louisa May Lee

Comments

Popular Posts