Power.

(So I wrote this last week... only posting it now... Sorry guys!)

One week ago we left Australia.
One thing has stood out.
One power is above them all.

This last week we have gone on a few pray walks. So this is basically where all us Classics, or whoever is up, go on a walk to one of the shrines around Erdenet  and pray our guts out for the people here. There's one Sharman alter for every mountain and then there is one giant gold Buda. But you know what? They are powerless. I feel empty when near them.  There have been alter or shrines that simply standing near I can feel fear or even feel like they have power. But here, not in the slightest.

They may have hundreds of people praying and worshipping them every day, but those words fall on dead ears. These things are man made idols, they cannot hear the words or eat the crumbs thrown to them. These idols can not offer them anything. They can not show them love or speak to them words of purpose. They are the work of man without anything to give back to man. While they may be a tradition, you can tell the people even feel the emptiness of the praters the offer. Yet they still go diligently.


I pray for these people. I pray that they know worship doesn't have to feel empty. I pray that they know prayers can be heard and answered. I pray as I climb past their empty worship. I pray as I go higher than their prayers. I pray as I cry out to God and know he hears me. I pray that they know love.


Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
Psalm 115: 4-7

Comments

  1. PTL we have a living creator God who loves us

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is it that we have a God who is the power above all things and yet his heart's desire is to be intimately involved in every part of our lives! Such a powerful post, Naomi. It really moves me to pray when I realize this. If I am moved by them, I imagine how my God must feel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts