Le Future is Le Scary

So yesterday I took a big step towards the distant lands called... my future. I applied for this course, YWAM. It starts next January and is over in New Castle. Its a boarded school of discipleship and it is 1, 497 kilometres away from where I live now. So basically I'll be living 15 hours away from the only house I have ever lived in. That's 15 hours away from all my friends and most of my family.  It's only just beginning to sink in how daunting this idea is! I wont be able to just "pop down" for the weekend. I will be living away from everything I have ever known.

I don't know about you, but I find that idea somewhat frightening. Heck yes, I'm excited and all but there is still that thought nibbling at me asking "Is this actually right?"

How can you know if you are going in the direction your life is meant to be heading? How I figure it is I wont know really till I get there, but that doesn't give me a reason not to start heading towards "My Future". Its not actually that distant, well not as distant as I keep making it out. Its right around the corner. Tomorrow is my future. YWAM is a big step, yes, but one I feel is right. One I need to take so I can start living my future today.  I will miss everyone, yes. I will miss my room, my street, my town, my church... But I will be living an adventure that is leading me towards the next step.

The future is scary, but fact is that every second I am living, is a future. So I shouldn't spend them all worrying about the future that comes in 20 years but i should be working towards the future I have tomorrow and making that worth living.

Comments

  1. Good luck and i wish you all the best for your application! Daunting/frighting yes, however it will be an amazing life experience! :D

    - Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH.. So you've applied!! YAY!!! I cant wait to hear what you accomplish!! And I know what you mean about the future... Being in year 12, it's a little daunting not knowing what step to take next or where to go. I'll be praying for you!!
    Love you beautiful girl!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ella! It is rather daunting, as you know. And Im sure it will be!

    I HAVE APPLIED, SARA! NEither :3
    Thanks Hun, prayers mean a lot! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts