Gluten, Sugar and Dairy Free (Healthy) Chai Cake

Well I haven't posted a recipe on my blog in yonks, but today that shall change!
Over the last few days I have (finally) sorted out the last few things in my room. As I was putting away my last YWAM notebook, a stained slip of scribbled on paper fell down to me feet.
Let me present you with my Gluten, Sugar and Dairy Free (Healthy) Chai Cake!

Now, I know what you are thinking... "Isnt that just cardboard?"
But trust me, if you like the tea, you'll like this cake.

Dry Ingredients:
3 Cups Almond Meal
2 Tsp Baking Powder

Wet Ingredients:
3 Eggs
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Honey

Chai Flavoring: (You can double this)
2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tsp Ground Cardamon

So to start, preheat the oven to 145° Fan-Forced (or 165° without the fan).
Then whisk the eggs, oil and honey until well combined.
Shift the Almond Meal and Baking Powder into the egg mixture.
To finish we add in the Chai flavoring and stir to mix through.
Pour into a greased pan and cook for around 30-45 minutes.

And there you have it! The Gluten, Sugar and Dairy Free (Healthy) Chai Cake is ready for your next tea party or afternoon by a lake.

PS: The icing is up to you but I just made a non-dairy honey butter.
(However, if you can have sour cream I believe a sour cream honey frosting would be amazing!)

Comments

Popular Posts