Engrossed.

I am a christian, if you didnt know.

I have my leather bound bible covered in notes. My gold and silver cross never leaves its spot, always hanging around my neck. I have countless journals filled with notes from my quiet times. No matter where I am, every Sunday I always try to find a church. I know all the classic Hillsong's songs to the more recent Bethel worship. Podcasts are part of my daily life. Give me a starting word and I can quote that scripture. I mean even my facebook profile contains me with some Mongolian Kid from a YWAM Outreach! All I need is a hebrew tattoo, right?

Since when was this the identity that I maintain as a Christian anyway? Is this even the identity I should hold? Or is this engrossed into the world and not found in Christ?

"Its cool to be a Christian if you think about it..." 
- Souljahz


 When did being a christian become hipster and cool? When did it merge into the way the world perceives it?  Shouldnt it be about God?

Comments

  1. i don't think theres a general cultural hype where you live that it's 'cool to be christian'..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi, it worries me how subscribed to religion you are. I think it's nice that you, like others, have found something to give purpose to their existence, but do you ever stop and think you're taking it too seriously?

    Realistically speaking, the bible is no more factual than Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. If someone told you for your entire life that Lord of the Rings was real, and it happened 2000 years ago and that you have to keep doing stuff or bad things would happen, you would probably be blogging about Lord of the Rings instead.

    In the end, it's just a book. Go out and try to enjoy life. You're 18, and the best part is about to start. Don't worry about what people think of what you decide you want to do, and more importantly, don't worry about God thinks either, because like Harry Potter, he's just another character from a really popular book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, so I've only just found this and would love to chat about why I believe in God. But I think its a better conversation face to face. So please, can we catch up sometime? :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts