Insecurities.

The hardest things to over come in life seem to be based around one word. Insecure. When you feel insecure about anything, you seem so much small and it seems so much larger.  It doesn't matter if we are insecure about the way we look, the situations we are facing in life or anything really. Insecurities can take over our lives. 

I've had a few insecurities over the years, yes. I mean, who likes freckly legs? Or really pale-like-Edward-Cullen skin? Hair that seems to go everywhere at once and a personality that matches? I grew up wishing I had nicer hair, less freckles, a tan, whiter teeth, greener eyes... But if I am honest now, I wouldn't change myself for someone tanner, fitter, prettier... I don't want to change myself. And that's where I see insecurities.

I do have days where I honestly hate the way I look or sound. But I no longer wish to change myself as much because as insecure as I can be, I am me. I have struggled with wanting to be what other's think I should, wish I should, become. Yet now I can see that living a life of insecurities isn't worth it. 

So to all reading this, you shouldn't have to live insecurely. Sure, I still don't like the fact I have freckles on my legs and my hair is still a massive pain, but that isn't what I let define me. I wont let situations define me either. I know I've had it pretty easy in my life so far, but I don't ever want to be the person who lets stress of a situation define how she lives. What shall define me is the fact I am a daughter of God. He is my father and loves me. He cares for me and made me the way I am! He gave me this life to live. Yes, there are times I scream at him because of it... But I am still his and this life is still mine. So true to me, shall I be!

Comments

Popular Posts