The New Me

I know that when I told people I was doing a DTS I had a lot of people saying that their excited for me, but they hope I come back. I know they didnt all mean it in the physical sense, but just as much about my character. I know people think the girl returning may look like Naomi Lee, but be different to the Naomi they know. In some ways, this is true.

I am Naomi Louisa May Lee. I am the same, but different. I am a different girl then the one that left 11 weeks ago. I am different, but the same. My way of thinking has a slight shift. I am the same, but different.  I still have my strawberry blonde hair and greeny blue eyes. I am different, but the same. The way I look at you is deeper, intenser. I am the same, but different. I still am an outgoing crazy kid. I am different, but the same. I no longer need to strive. I am the same, but different. I will still make brownies and pig out whie watching movies. I am different, but the same.  My confidence is not false but deep. I am the same, but different. I have the most personal relationship with God I have ever had. I am different, but the same. I am still Naomi Lee, but I am stronger in myself and resting in God.

I know a few of you may notice the small differences more in the way I act or even speak, I mean I do say Ya'll now. But I hope you can accept and even love the "new"  me. Because I do, and I dont plan on going back. I have more purpose and more meaning in my life. I have a deeper faith in God and a stronger relationship with him. I have hope for my future as I know I dont have to strive, but trust.  And above all else, I have more love. Everyday I see the radical love of God and the love those who closely walk with him hold for everyone in the world. This is why I am different, once you know this love, you will never be the same.

Bless all your cotton socks :)

Comments

Popular Posts