Loneliness and Being Alone.

How is it you can feel alone when you are surrounded? I was talking to one of my closest friends recently, about insecurities. It seems we both struggle with feeling lonely, even in crowds. There is a difference between being alone and feeling lonely. As much as I do love people, I do need days every now and then to spend alone. But I am not lonely on those days. So how is it that I can then feel lonely around people? Crazy thought: I'm a social butterfly! I like spending time with people and can get sick of being by myself when I am left alone for days on end.This is because feeling lonely is about the quality of the relationships that surround you, not the quantity.

How many people in your social circles can you spend hours talking about your deepest concerns and biggest hopes with? How many people see you at your truest form? Friendship isnt just about chilling out, its about how well you know someone and how well they know you. Just because you talk to people doesnt mean that they really see you. Do you even really see yourself? Who are you? Have you locked yourself up?

So often I wait for people to seek me out. I sit quietly, or even sit there talking with someone, and yet I dont connect because I am expecting others to be the ones to reach out. I've learnt to speak up for myself, well I am learning too. I am learning to build those connections.

Some connections do just form and other times you cannot connect with certain personalities. And that's ok. You dont have to suddenly connect with everyone, just make sure there is someone you do.

Comments

Popular Posts