le Musing on Art (Well, sorta :P )

HEY GRANDDAD, HELLO NANNA! I just got told you are reading this so I figure its time you got a shout out.

I haven't posted for a while but just thought I’d share a little bit of my creativity with the world. The world is a beautiful place and I enjoy trying to capture that beauty through words and sketches. Often with my art, there isn't a set meaning to them, they just are. Sometimes I do draw them for a reason (like the first three, haha) but normally I find the real beauty of art is in how everyone has their own personal interpretation.

Medium: Water Colour Pencil
Time: 1.5 hours
This one was done sometime around January. To me it represents perspective. Some people see the first layer to the girl, the happy bright colours. The act, if you like, she puts on to please others. Some see through to the her face. They can see the emotions she portrays there, they can see her smile and her tears. Then a select few see it all the way. They see the smiles, the tears, the fears, the secrets  They see the unknown about her, things she may not even realise yet. TO me this piece was drawn to remind myself you don't always know a person as well as you might think.


Medium: Oil Pastel
Time: Each side took about an hour








These next two go together. Called Mirror Mirror, I drew them shortly after drawing the one above. I couldn't get the idea of how different people see things differently out of my head. How you can sometimes choose what people see. You can be happy, optimistic and bright around them where really on the inside you're torn up, insecure and lost. The face in the picture is the same, just reversed. drawing this left me wondering, what do I see in others? Do I see their good side, do I see what they want me to see? Or do I see the true them? 










Below are some of my other works. Take what you want from them. Tell what me they say to you. Give me some feedback even! But mostly, please enjoy. This is just one of my hobbies.


Name: Curious
Medium:  Sketch Pencils (HB)
Time: Just over an hour

Name: Creativity
Medium: Water Colour Pants
Time: 2 hours and still going
Title: Imperfection
Medium: Water Colour Pant
Time: Just under 2 hours
Name: Beauty Among Thorns
Medium:  Sketch Pencil
Time: 30 mins
 

Name: Madison-Taylor Frenchman
Medium: 3B pencil
Time: 2 hours

Medium: Pencil
Time: 1 hour




Thanks for having a look! :)
God bless,
Naomi




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts