My Body.

It's my body, right? Not the churches or God's. Why do they get a say?


So I've been thinking about purity. There's a lot of blog posts out there about it. Just goggle it if ya don't believe me! And they seem to contradict their-selves a little. From "Wait" (the church's apparent view) all the way to "Experiment" (the world's take), is there a line we cross? Can we accidentally loose our purity?

Have I crossed the line as soon as I've put a guy into the mental "What's Hot" box going on inside my head? Do I loose my purity if I so much as hold hands? What if I kiss a guy! And if I make a dirty joke? What then? I can't tell you the answers. All I have  is a confession.


I'm not as innocent as I may try and seem. But I am pure. 


Truth is, I have crossed lines before that I'm not sure I should have. I know, I'm meant to be the innocent 18 year old who's never even kissed a guy. But I have. I have also made a few dirty one liners. Growing up I was always taught that I should save my entirety for my "Future-One". This was my first kiss, my thoughts and my words.

I always wanted my first kiss to be shared with the guy who I would walk down the aisle to. I just got caught up in emotions and the moment. Now, I know to you, this may not seem like a big deal. But it was an ideal I held for myself. When the guy and I didn't end up even in a relationship, I was annoyed at myself and kinda felt guilty.

I always wanted to only be attracted to one guy, then I would be sure. I would known for certain, he was the "Future-One". But I can't seem to help it that when I look at some guys, it's just pleasing. So pleasing. But they aren't just bodies! They have personalities too! Except, that makes it worse. What if I like their kind heart too? Woah, when did this happen? I think I have a crush!

"That's what she said." Wait, did I just say that? Seriously Naomi! Why did you say that? I don't know when I even learnt to make those comments or how to understand them. And that is not even the worse one I've made.


Why had I let this happen? Have I lost my innocence?


I guess, what I'm trying to say here is simply this. It's my body and life is full of choices I have to make. God doesn't control me like a robot and the church doesn't really get a say.

Yet the only reason I can smile and say "I am pure." is because of this thing called grace.

I have been forgiven and set free from the words I have said, the actions I made and the thoughts that went through my head. I know that I may not be as innocent as I was as a little 6 year old, but I am made pure by grace. That grace comes from Christ. So why wouldn't I want to honor him with my body?

I choose too walk daily in the confidence found in my identity as Christ's daughter. I choose not to drink or do drugs. I choose not to swear. I choose to live a life where I respect my body and use it to honor the guy who created it.


It is my body, so I'll do with it what I want. 

Comments

Popular Posts