Relationships

Wow, two posts in two days??? WHAT IS THIS!
Must have free time for once!  I just want to take the time to say I am posting as much as I can, sometimes I just don’t have time to sit and type. Ife here is pretty hectic and my time has been taken with that and sleep. But anyway.

Last week’s lectures were on Relationships. We had a guy names Steve Aherne come and speak to us. Fantastic guy and amazing speaker. I will admit I didn’t agree with everything that came out of his mouth, or the way or he expressed something, but he was clear that his views are his and he is ok if we disagree. He did leave me thinking.

Warning: This could go deep. And will probably be all over the place.

Steve covered different types of relationships, starting with the typically Man-woman relationship idea. The first question of the day was “How do you now they are the one?” I actually love what he said here. We need to play by the rules, God’s rules. God is a speaking God who desires a relationship with us first and foremost. If we want to know who is “the one”, we need just ask. And we can test his answer, sometimes this is by getting others to ask him as well.  The right person adds to your own call, your own ministry. The right guy for me will make my 1,000 into 10,000. The wrong man could make my 1000 into 100. But on that note, if you do marry someone that isn’t necessarily your “one”, as soon as you enter marriage, that person becomes Gods pan for you.

Why are relationships so important to us? You are a love expression. You are created for relationship. The two most important commandments God ever said can be summed up as; to love. Even when we don’t like someone, we can love them, it’s a choice. What I mean is we can honour and respect them. We can walk humbly. Fun fact, when two people are walking together in humility, they will always have a strong relationship, even if they don’t agree on everything. Humility creates Unity. When a team is unified, they bring their A game.  We need to put in effort to our relationships.

As part of the last day, we were asked to seek God and see where he wants us to grow. So what do I need to work on?
  • My relationships with a few people. I can see now my heart isnt right. That in these relationships I am walking in my own pride. I have an issue of relying on my knowledge for my confidence and these people threaten that. I need to walk in humility with them and know that they cant define me. Because humility isn’t thinking less of yourself, its thinking of yourself in the context with God and others.  
  • How easy I find it to take offence and feel like everything and everyone is attacking me.
  • I need to work on forgiveness.
  • And lastly, I need to stop letting myself get envious when others have amazing relationships. I need to stop letting myself feel like the outsider.
  
The most important relationship, however, isn’t the one above. It is the relationship with God, surprise there?  Steve gave us 5 points on having a good Quiet Time.
  1.     Believe God wants to talk everyday
  2.   God wants to talk excitedly, even more than I do
  3.  Tune your heart to God, not sin
  4.  Ask “Dad, what do you want to tell me?”
  5.  Have a Quiet Time boo every day


So how do we keep good reationships? Wisdom. Wisdom isn’t about the head, its about you heart, your attitude. Actions are empty unless your heart is in them.  “The battle is won or lost in the heart.” Wisdom is God’s ‘How to’ and there are tons of verses about how to gain and use wisdom.

I want to leave you all with a last word of advice…
Chicks: Guys dig it when you give them statements of respect
Dudes: Girls need those statements of life

I am sorry if this jumps for topic to topic, but my mind is reeling after these last five weeks. So now I go sleep.
God bless!

PS: I have nothing but love for you 


Comments

  1. Wow. Just... wow. So much in here i could commment on. Too early inbthe morning for your blog posts Naomi, theyre exploding my brain with new thoughts haha but its good.
    Humility creates unity - i have never realised that before. but it really is true. Wow. With that one setence i can see it playing out in all the relationships around me. Also what you said about relying on ones own knowledge is huge for me. I have been discovering just how much I need people to value what Im saying, in order to determine my worth when in truth my value is found in the Lord alone. Huge stuff here. Thanks and keep up the brill blogging girl... seriously good stuff happening here. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts