Family.

Have you met my Sarah? She's my adopted sister. Tomorrow we get to celebrate 22 months since she became part of our family.

In light of that, I looked up a few different definitions about Family tonight.

In human context, a family  is a group of people affiliated by consanguinity (by recognized birth), affinity (by marriage), or co-residence/shared consumption. – Wikipedia 


A bunch of people who hate each other and eat dinner together. –Urban Dictionary 

A Basic social unit consisting of parent and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not. - dictionary.com


My conclusion is simple. My family isn't that easily defined.
Why? Because to sum it up. To us, family isn't just DNA, hating each other or putting a ring on it.

My family is constantly demonstrating around me that you don't have to share the same blood, to become one of us. I mean look at them!

Have you met my Mum? She's the one I've seen cooking endless meals for a family up the road and anyone else who she can fed.

Have you met my Dad? He's the one who gave up a day to help the neighbor with a school project when we all know he should of been doing his own homework.

Have you met my James? He's the one who works with SMG and gives up his time to go into primary schools and talk about how important life is.

Have you met my Rachel? She's the one who, tirelessly, takes the time to teach those in her class who need the extra encouragement.

Have you met my Fiona? She's there making sure that everyone is safe at BWO and handling the paperwork no-one else wants too.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, my family isn't just blood. I've seen it happen where my parents have taken someone by the hands. They have been parents to anyone who has needed it. Now I see my siblings showing that same love to the world.

My conclusion is this. I love my family. 

Comments

Popular Posts